Getting intimate

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
lesbihonest
Awesomeness Quotient: my hair
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: lesbian, gay, queer

Getting intimate

Unread post by lesbihonest »

My girlfriend and I (f/f) have had sex. But we’ve never seen each other naked... we’re both kinda too scared, and i think she’s more scared than i am. how do i make her feel comfortable with seeing each other naked?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Getting intimate

Unread post by Siân »

hey lesbihonest :)

Welcome to the boards!

So you can't make someone comfortable with something - in fact when our partner reaallly wants something and we're not sure that can make it even scarier if we feel pressured. What you can do is help build a relationship where you both feel happy and comfortable in general, and are good at talking about sex and respecting boundaries, so everyone feels safe trying new things - even if they might then decide they don't want to do it again for a while (or ever). The best way to do that is to talk about things! Have you read this: Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner?

A great place to start might be going through our checklist with your girlfriend and thinking about the things you are both really into doing/trying and what you might need a bit of time to get around to: Yes, No, Maybe So: A Sexual Inventory Stocklist How does that sound?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic