Preferences?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Nonsequitur
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’ve survived a week without crying
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her, They/Them
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Preferences?

Unread post by Nonsequitur »

I’m currently in a 7-month relationship with boyfriend, and he’s been openly-stating that he’s into Asian girls, which I’m not.

He still reassures me that I’m beautiful and I give him all the love and support that none fantasies can fulfill. So yes, I’ve discussed this with him before.

Yet he still talks about his preference passionately compared to me. He sounds very excited when he talks about them.

He still dedicates his time everyday with me. And tells me that he loves me all the time.

Should I worry about this? Or I am overreacting?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Preferences?

Unread post by Heather »

Can I ask how he is talking about Asian women? Unless he’s talking about very specific women - and about them in ways that are about more than looks or assumed behaviors based on cultural or racial stereotypes - I’m not sure what there is to talk to you about in the first place that isn’t tokenizing them and antagonizing you.

Mind filling me in some more so I have a little more to work with with this one? Thanks.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic