help

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
nikkibaker
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my heart
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: staight

help

Unread post by nikkibaker »

so me and my ex were stoners like we would smoke everyday and drink here and there but my family thinks it be a good idea to send me to day break witch i mean might be a good idea but im not sure like im scared i wont be the same if i go what should i do just go or should i stand up for my self im not sure can you help
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: help

Unread post by Mo »

I wasn't famliar with Daybreak by name, but I found a facility in Washington that offers inpatient treatment for drug addiction; is that the facility your family is thinking of sending you to? I just want to make sure I have the right place in mind when talking with you about it.
nikkibaker
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my heart
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: staight

Unread post by nikkibaker »

yes it is
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Well, how do you feel about it? Qualified recovery services, which this one appears to be, can be very helpful, therapeutic and life-changing for people who need them. If you're getting high all the time and drinking, and that feels like it's become a habit or a need - rather than something you might like, but can easily do without and do do without often -- then you might be someone who does need that help. Inpatient care can also offer you a good reset button for your life if that's something you think you might need or want.

This kind of care doesn't change who someone is: it's not brainwashing, and using -- or dependence on -- things like weed or drinking also doesn't make you who you are, so without them or a dependence on them, you'll be someone else.

But again, how you feel here is really what matters. What do you think?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic