Still unsure

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Tigger1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can sing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Not sure

Still unsure

Unread post by Tigger1 »

Hi!

I was on chat last night with Mo and I said I had sent a drunken text to a woman I find attractive.
At that point she hadn’t replied and Mo suggested sober texting her about it.
I did that this morning. She replied with ‘I know you think I’m hot and yes I think you’re a very attractive woman. I love you to bits. Non gayley. It’s ok don’t worry nothing that happens will ever change our friendship! Love you! See you Tuesday ;)

So I’m confused, is this a lead into something. Is this her just saying she likes me as a friend and forget about the whole drunk text thing?
We’ve had lots of convos about sex and what we are both into or not into or would try.

One minute I feel like I’m getting one green light and then the next I get a red light. Only way I can explain it sorry!

Should I ask her to explain what she means? Won’t I just look stupid for keep asking her questions or to explain?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Still unsure

Unread post by Heather »

This sounds very clearly to me like a nice not-interested. I personally would not ask her to explain because to me, personally, that seems very clear.

Just for future reference, just talking about sex is something plenty of people do with people they do not want to be sexual with: talking about sex with others shouldn't generally be read as interest in sex with others.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Tigger1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can sing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Not sure

Re: Still unsure

Unread post by Tigger1 »

Hi!

Thanks for you’re reply.
She’s my tutor and during lessons we’ve had conversations about sex and she can be touchy freely which lead me to believe she was interested. We’ve also been to dinner a couple times and out for the day which she says she hasn’t done with other pupils.
If she wants to just be friends then that’s cool. if you think it’s a friendly let down, i have my answer. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic