Do My Friends Really Like Me?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
jackojacko2000
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Do My Friends Really Like Me?

Unread post by jackojacko2000 »

Hi, I've got a few friends who are older than me (I'm 17 and they range from 24 to 28) and I'm not sure if they just hang out with me out of pity or because they think it's polite. They sometimes invite me over to their place to hang out or for parties, we play soccer together, we often play video games together over the internet and we have some pretty cool conversations but I have no idea if they actually like me. Nothing about our friendship indicates that but I'm just not sure.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Do My Friends Really Like Me?

Unread post by Heather »

You've mentioned before that you have social anxiety, so I am betting that's what's driving this particular car.

Generally, I think it's safe to assume that people who invite us to see them and do things with them do so because they want to see us and hang out with us. By all means, I'm sure most of these people might not exactly be your peers due to the age difference, but we can still like and be friends with people who aren't our peer, you know?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic