What relationships did you idolize as a kid?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

What relationships did you idolize as a kid?

Unread post by Sam W »

When I was little, I didn't like how a lot of marriages looked in the books I read or the things I watched because everyone seemed kind of miserable. Which may explain how I ended up looking up to the Weasley parents in the Harry Potter series. They seemed to genuinely love and respect each other, and treated each other as partners rather than as adversaries. Now I count them and the parents in The Addams Family as my relationship idols.

My question to y'all is: what relationships did you idolize as kids? Those don't have to be romantic relationships, they could be friendships or relationships between family members as well.
Shoop
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a weird system, but it works for me.
Primary language: (British) English
Pronouns: She/Her, He/Him, or They/Them—Idc much for gender
Sexual identity: DFAB Bisexual (Non-Trans)—Idc about genitals

Re: What relationships did you idolize as a kid?

Unread post by Shoop »

This is quite embarrassing to say, but I like Magnus Bane and Alexander "Alec" Lightwood's relationship in Shadowhunters (TV). It's not necessarily that their relationship is perfect, but I can tell that the directors are doing their best to demonstrate a "healthy LGBT relationship" with "healthy milestones." I try to apply the good parts to my life sometimes. I'm sure that there are others, especially individual characters that I appreciate, but this is what I can remember, right now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic