need some good advice about my little sister

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
miss_nikky
Awesomeness Quotient: the way i dress
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: bi

need some good advice about my little sister

Unread post by miss_nikky »

My guess is that I am posting in the wrong section, but none of the others sounded right either.

So, I am 16, my little sister is that wonderful age of 13. She is a wonderful sister, not perfect, but wonderful.

This is what I need advice on. I found some not-so-good photos of my sister on the computer. I also found some not-so-good photos of a boy, I have no clue who he is and I am sure she found him on facebook. He is her age so no worries on that.
Anyway, should I talk with her about this or just let her figure it out for herself? I'll be honest and say I did the same thing at her age, trading and all that, and I basically learned that it wasn't a good idea. Should I let her just be like me and learn, or should I say something? I feel like we talk okay on occasion, and we have had our chats on sex and stuff, but I don't want her pissed off at me.
And no way am I telling my mom! I don't need any advice on that.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: need some good advice about my little sister

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi miss_nikky,

I think it would be sound to talk with her about this, especially if you can speak from your own experiences as to why this isn't a good idea. That may be an awkward conversation, and she may indeed get angry with you, but it's still a good idea to tell her that you've found the photos and that you're concerned she's putting herself in a position where some seriously bad things could happen. The more you can focus this conversation on her and keeping her safe and less on scolding or shaming her (which it doesn't sound like you're going to do) the better luck you're likely to have in communicating your worries to her.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic