Dealing w/ Rejection

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Dealing w/ Rejection

Unread post by Ashleah »

There really isn't any other way to say it, rejection sucks. I can't imagine that it is fun for anyone, but I think it is something that we have all faced at one time or another. Understandable, rejection can really sour a mood and make it difficult to put yourself out there in the future. So what are some ways you have handled it?

Share any tips or experiences you might've had that could be helpful for someone dealing with rejection.
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: Dealing w/ Rejection

Unread post by Alice O »

I was broken up with this winter, and felt sad about it for awhile, really wishing we were still involved or might get back together in the future. Today, I randomly thought of the guy, and had *zero* interest in us being sexually or romantically involved.

When the heartbreak, or sadness, is fresh--it helps to remember that you will move on! Even if you can't picture it right now, or understand exactly how you'll get there, you will...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic