Books about healthy relationships?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
dweebdoll
Awesomeness Quotient: Loyalty
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Books about healthy relationships?

Unread post by dweebdoll »

I'm looking for recommendations for books about healthy relationships. It seems like lots of them at the store are kind of similar, like how to catch and keep a spouse, and I'm wondering what you recommend, more along the lines of trust, communication, honesty, equality, like building healthy relationship of all different kinds.

Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Books about healthy relationships?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi dweebdoll,

As far as ink and paper books go, there's a book called "Relationship Skills 101 for Teens" from New Harbinger publications. I haven't read that one specifically, but the other books in that series have been quite helpful. Both our book ("S.E.X" by Heather Corinna) and "Changing Bodies, Changing Lives" also contain big sections on how to have healthy relationships. If you're curious about any of those, getting them from the library will help you get a look at them without having to invest in them just yet.

If you're interested in online resources for healthy relationships, we have lots of articles on that topic on the main Scarleteen webpage. There's also a site called Love Is Respect that puts out a ton of great stuff about building positive relationships.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic