My relationship is turning sour

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
lostgirla
Awesomeness Quotient: Outgoing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Straight, bi-curious

My relationship is turning sour

Unread post by lostgirla »

Hi my name is Gracie and i'm 16, Me and my boyfriend James have been dating for over a year. Things we're really great until about 3 weeks ago. I met a guy named Alo (we had been talking in class for about 5 months until about a month ago we started texting outside of school), and we quickly became best friends. Last week he came over to my flat and we played football (soccer it think Americans call it?) and just hung out. Nothing happened, we didn't even touch eachother. but my boyfriend went mad. We (james and I) didn't talk for 3 days and when school came we didnt talk to the first day. James later came to mines and we were talking and he was saying how my flat is his domain and no other guy can come here and i cant go to his or to the cinema or skating or anything. Basically that me and alo could only text but not talk on the phone. His friend even called me a hoe on snapchat. The exact caption was "when your mates girl starts acting like a hoe :? ) It was obviously directed towards me. I obviously didn't like being called that because it isn't true. So I told James that if he said I could only text alo that he could only text his bestfriend Tony (which is the guy who called me a hoe on snapchat) and he kept saying NO and that they've been bestfriends for ages and he was going to continue to talk to him. (even though i dont like him anymore). and in my head im just like "why should i stop talking to alo if you wont stop talking to tony." Like Alo did nothing wrong, so whats the problem? So I told him I would stop but I think i'm just going to do it in secret even though I know it's wrong. But it's like james is to possessive like I can't have any friends without his permission which is idotic. I mean like he says that he doesn't want boys at my house but he has girls over his house and I didn't bitch about it. Now switching to my bestfriend Alo. I dont know if this is weird but he said i love you? I really really really just want a bestfriend and I didnt think anything of it because some bestfriends say I love you to eachother, I even say it to friends. Besides the whole I love you thing he has shown no signs of liking me we even talk about girls to each other and who he should date and stuff so I dont think that he would say that to someone that he likes. I just don't know what to do.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My relationship is turning sour

Unread post by Heather »

lostgirla: we can talk with you about this, however, as our user registration agreement makes clear, users in our services may not have or use more than one account. Can you switch back to your original Ashley.IDK account and post this with that account, please? We'll delete this new account once you do and will be glad to talk with you about this using your existing account.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic