Should I do it?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Twilight101
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality to talk for hours but also listen too.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Should I do it?

Unread post by Twilight101 »

Ok... Long story short... I have this amazing best friend and we're both the same age... (Live in the UK, so legally allowed...) Anyways, He is a great guy and together, we make a great pair... People around us see it, and strangers see it, but he doesn't. I know some people frown on a boy and a girl being best friends, but with him, its radioactive... It's so dangerous, but its so powerful... We've only known each other for about four months, yet it feels like I've known him for years if not a decade... I like him and we've talked about it (like I said, its like I've known him for decades) and he feels somewhat similar. As you fullwell know, yesterday was Halloween and I would have gone to do something crazy wild, but I had just landed from my flight when he was leaving... So I couldn't... :cry: I really do like him and it's crazy because we've talked about all kinds of crazy things and have even discussed the possibility of a relationship but we're holding back I guess because I'm in AS and he's in A2 and we both go to renowned colleges that have a minimum expectation of an A... I think that I feel far deeper for him than he does for me (and this is becoming so difficult to not tell you his name....) and I'm ok with that... In a way, I guess there is fear, because I've been in an abusive relationship and I know what it's like... It's hard beyond belief... But with him, I've never felt so safe... He's my EC and I wouldn't change that for anything unless things crumble like the pastry on a pie...

He's a great guy, and I want to ask him out, but time... That and I think he got laid last night with a girl... And for some reason, it burned when he told me that he was gonna try and get laid... I don't know what or how I feel and I really do feel for the support team or admin who will have to read this bleeding paragraph... SORRY!

(In case you haven't noticed, I can't hold back on the ellipses...)
Carmen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: disco dancing on roller skates
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Should I do it?

Unread post by Carmen »

Hi Twilight!
That must feel like a really tricky situation - it sounds like you really care for this friend and value his friendship but that the friendship is also becoming harder for as you are realizing how much you like him. And because of that it must have really not felt good for him to tell you about wanting to get laid :/ It sounds like you are very aware of your feelings and the value of communicating in your relationships though which is awesome! How have your conversations about your feelings with him gone in the past? Is there anything you think you could bring up with him to expresses kind of what you expressed in this post?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic