Scared of him coming inside

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
notsureyet
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bi

Scared of him coming inside

Unread post by notsureyet »

Hey I just want info on how much I should trust that the contraception implant in my arm will work if I let my boyfriend come inside me? We both are free of STIs and we've been together for 6 months but I'm just scared of pregnancy (is that something I'm allowed to talk about on here?) and won't let him come inside. I've heard of people getting pregnant even with the bar in, and I want to know how questionable this information is. I do want him to come inside but can I trust the implant and let him come inside?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Scared of him coming inside

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi notsureyet,

The implant is one of the two most effective methods of birth control, with an effectiveness rate of 99+%. So, if your boyfriend were to ejaculate inside you, the odds of that causing a pregnancy would be minuscule. It's highly unlikely that an implant will fail, but if used with a medication that can decrease effectiveness or if a person doesn't get in a new one on time, it may. It might help to take a look at this article for some of those fears you're having about it failing: Have a Little Faith in BC.

In the meantime, if you're still feeling anxious relying just on one method, you and your partner can use condoms as back-up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic