Should I take the plan b pill?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Bella333
Awesomeness Quotient: My intelligence
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Should I take the plan b pill?

Unread post by Bella333 »

Hi, I found this forum and I really think you can help.
So I was having sex with my boyfriend and on a moment he pulled off and the condom got stuck on my vagina, not completely but at least the half of it.
When the condom got stuck he was not eyaculated, but I gave him oral sex so he eyaculated before we start having sex.
The thing it's that idk if I should be worry or take the plan b, there is a chance for me to get pregnant?
I really hope you could help me and answer, and btw for you to have more information, my period end up on March 20 and yesterday (the day I have sex) was on my day 9 of the cycle

I really, really hope you can help and the fastest in case that I need the plan b, because by the time I'm sending this, there's not even been 12 hours.

Thank you for your time <3
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Should I take the plan b pill?

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Bella,

If you think that the condom may not have protected you fully then you could choose to take emergency contraception.

In future, make sure that the penis is withdrawn from the vagina whilst still erect, and that one of you is holding the base of the condom so that it does not slip off. Lubricating the outside of the condom will also reduce the likelihood of breakage.
Bella333

Thanks for your help, I'll be thinking about it and also talk it with my partner, because I know that taking the plan b pill is not a easy thing and can cause some troubles on your period.
I'm kind of new so I'll be taking your advice, to make sure that in a future everything goes in the right way
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Bella,

Talking with your partner sounds like an excellent plan. In addition to making sure he holds the base of the condom while withdrawing, he may also want to make sure that he's using the correct size of condom.

Can you clarify for me if the condom came all the way off his penis, or if it just came halfway up it?
Bella333

Hi sat, thanks for helping me.
The condom came all the way off his penis, but just the top got stuck on my vagina, so he pulled gently to take it off.

I'm not really that alarm because by the time that he withdrawn he hadn't cume, so there were just a little bit of precum in the condom. Even though I want to be cautious, because I'm too young to get pregnant.

Again, thanks for your help
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome! When evaluating the risk of this situation, and whether you wish to take Plan B it may help to know that if the condom came all the way off inside you, then that would increase the risk of pregnancy (and STIs as well). However, if the opening of the condom was hanging outside your vaginal opening when it came off, then the risk goes back down because any fluids inside the condom were falling outside your body rather than inside it.
Bella333

Hi, Sam and Siân.

I'm really thankful for your help, I'm here to tell you that after talking with my partner I decided to take the pill. I took it 28 hours after having sex. Now I think I'll will wait what's next.

But thanks for your help, if something happens now I know I can count with your advice.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

You're welcome!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic