Aching during masturbation

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Curiosity21
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Aching during masturbation

Unread post by Curiosity21 »

Hi, first off I should say that this kind of stuff is very new for me. I always held myself back from masturbating because I felt scared about it, but recently I became more and more accepting of my body and sexuality. I genuinely want to understand myself so i’m sorry if I sound really confused, I literally don’t know what i’m doing...

I read articles and did my research and the common theme to do it was to stimulate the clitoris. I still feel kinda shy so I do it with my underwear on and so far it works (I think?). I feels really good all of a sudden for like 3-4 seconds and I try to continue it but after those 3-4 seconds pass it just dies down. I usually stop there because if I continue doing what I was doing, it doesn’t do anything anymore, it just aches.

Am I doing something wrong? Is that normal?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Aching during masturbation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Curiosity21 and welcome to Scarleteen :)

I can say with absolutely certainty you're not doing anything wrong. It's true that lots of people find stimulating the clitoris to be a form of masturbation that works for them. However, some people find that focusing on the clitoris for long makes it sore or sensitive, or that touching that part of their body doesn't do much for them. That's because there's no one, "correct" way to masturbate. Instead, people usually have to experiment a bit before they find a way of masturbating that works for them. Does that make sense?

If you haven't read it yet, this article does a great job of explaining why that is and offering other ways of masturbating you can try: Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation.
Curiosity21
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Aching during masturbation

Unread post by Curiosity21 »

I see. Thank you!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her