Having trouble with first-time sex

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
anonymous88883
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her

Having trouble with first-time sex

Unread post by anonymous88883 »

So my boyfriend and I are both virgins and have literally no experience as far as intercourse goes. We're having trouble finding a position that works for us. We're both 19, but he's 5'10" and I'm 4'8", which seems to be one of the things that's posing this problem for us. I've also never had anything inserted more than an inch or two into my vagina before. We've tried copious amounts of foreplay to make sure I was properly lubed and he was sufficiently erected, however every time we try, his penis just kind of bends downward or upward instead of going in. I know that when we try, he's aiming at the right place and my legs are stretched out as much as they can be, however it just never really works.

If anyone could recommend some starting positions that you've had the most luck with and that are preferably comfortable, considering the height difference here, that would be awesome. Also, if anyone knows of a good and safe lubricant to use, that information would also be helpful. Thank you!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Having trouble with first-time sex

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi anonymous,

Finding a position that works for you is mostly going to be a matter of experimentation with which ones feel comfortable and work for each of your bodies. This article may help you two with that process: Left Foot, Red, Right Hand, Green: The Deal on Sex Positions . From what you're describing, it sounds like a position where you have some ability to control the depth of insertion, and maybe help with the insertion of his penis, might help with some of the difficulties you're having.

As for lube, we've got a whole article to help you find the lube that's right for you! Lube 101: A Slick Little primer
anonymous88883
Primary language: English

Unread post by anonymous88883 »

Thank you! I appreciate your help and my boyfriend and I will definitely take a look at those articles. Hopefully we find something that works for us!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, and I hope you find some things that work for you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic