Couples & Sex Toys

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Ktamita
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he
Sexual identity: straight

Couples & Sex Toys

Unread post by Ktamita »

I am so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I went back and forth on whether to put this in the "sex toys" section or here or there or elsewhere! I settled on here, as you can see...Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I recently started dating a guy who is slightly less developed and self-aware than I am in regards to his sexual tastes. Either that, or he's yet to confess his dirty little secrets to me Long story short, I have an extensive toy collection myself and would like to begin to introduce the idea of toys and "sexual aids" as our relationship becomes more intimate and physical. We have been dating for a month or so and he's a little on the shy side, though very passionate physically.

Can you suggest any non-intimidating couples toys that we could look into? I don't really know anything about toys for men or couples, so any help would be much appreciated!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Couples & Sex Toys

Unread post by Heather »

It's all good. Welcome to the boards! :)

How about just starting with a vibrator you like? I think of vibes as pretty entry-level, and they come with some good couples benefits, like being a thing that can be used for clitoral stimulation when hands or mouths get tired, as well as something you can use with a cisgender guy for external prostate stimulation (by placing it just behind and underneath the scrotum). Vibrators also are something a lot of people have heard of.

Mind, you also might not want to assume he'll be intimidated by any toys at all. Just because he's shy or hasn't brought up -- or even used -- toys himself doesn't automatically mean he'll be intimidated instead of excited and curious, you know?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic