First Time Experience/ Question

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
coolcat709
Pronouns: she/her

First Time Experience/ Question

Unread post by coolcat709 »

During my time losing my virginity, we had done lots of foreplay and we were ready to get things going. He put on a condom and yata yata yata. Anyways, im a very petite girl and i was anticipating pain w/ penetration but not that much..? He has a slightly above average dick, and obviously i was very tight, and i’m thinking my hymen was probably on the thicker side... Anyways once he began to insert his dick it became painful —and when i say painful i mean like extremely painful— and we had to stop before much actually happened. Does this happen to normal teenagers losing their virginity or is something not right..i know everyone is different but i’m just looking for some sort of closure as i was quite embarrassed, even though he didn’t mind. Thank you lots x
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: First Time Experience/ Question

Unread post by Mo »

Sometimes people will experience pain with intercourse, yes, although it's something that shouldn't be painful! If you do experience pain, it's good to do what you did - stop and either make some adjustments and try again, or just decide to not continue trying to have intercourse for the moment.

Were you using a lubricant? That's something that people commonly leave out, and not only is it an important part of proper condom use, it can go a really long way towards making intercourse feel better, even if you're feeling like you're producing a lot of natural lubrication already.

Also, have you tried vaginal entry with something smaller, like a finger or two? If not, that might be a good place to start, so you can get used to that sensation.

We also have an article that goes into pain with intercourse in more detail, and has several tips on how to make things feel better: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
coolcat709

I have done fingering to myself as well as he had done to me and i’m a 100% tampon user lol, which is kinda why i was so shocked it hurt like that, we didn’t use lube but definitely will in the future, thank you again so much x
Last edited by coolcat709 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolcat709

lube**
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Lube is a good addition! When you decided to try intercourse, how were you feeling? Nervous? Excited? Relaxed? And how did it compare to how you've felt before when trying manual penetration?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic