Carding at target

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Sew17
Awesomeness Quotient: Sew fabulous
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual and a lil self absorbed

Carding at target

Unread post by Sew17 »

Target is a store that you can get anything at from tampons to food to a new phone ANYTHING I long ago discovered that you can buy a sex toy there and I want one but am supper scared of getting carded the state I live in's consent age is 16 I am 17 I don't want to wait a whole year to get one I have been waiting a while do you think they will card me :?: :?: :| :|
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: Carding at target

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey Sew17,

Welcome to the boards! :D

Scarleteen has a piece on DIY sex toys for this exact reason. We know teens are interested in trying sex toys but due to their age may not have access. Here's a link to the piece: D.I.Y. Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition. If what you are looking for is a vibrator, I think you might be particularly interested in the "Back Massagers (AKA 'Personal Massagers')" section, as that is something that Target will definitely offer.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: Carding at target

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey Sew17,

I want to come back to add a little to my response.

If it is something being sold at Target it is probably not somethin age-restricted in the first place. But if for some reason they do tell you you have to be a certain age at checkout and ask to see your ID, you can always tell them nevermind! Doesn't hurt to try.

Also in general here at Scarleteen we think that teens have a right to explore their bodies and experience sexual pleasure. These age restriction laws almost exclusively impact young women, and we believe young women should be able to orgasm if they want to! Whether they want or need a vibrator to do so, or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic