What to do to get an orgasm?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Introvert
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

What to do to get an orgasm?

Unread post by Introvert »

Hi, I'm a 21 year old female who had sexual intercourse for the first time a few weeks ago. It was mostly pleasurable although I don't think I reached orgasm, although perhaps I did, I wasn't sure because it was my first time. But once I felt a feeling like I was about to pee but I stopped myself because I wasn't sure if it was ejaculation or urine. But after we were done I stopped feeling it which made me wonder if I was about to ejaculate. If it was, and if I had relaxed and let it come out, would that have led to orgasm?
thewrit3r
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: What to do to get an orgasm?

Unread post by thewrit3r »

Hi, Introvert!

It very well could have been an orgasm. Both feelings can be similar. One way you could make sure it's not irine is if you go to the bathroom before having sex.
"The writer is by nature a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."
-Carson McCullers
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: What to do to get an orgasm?

Unread post by Heather »

That feeling is very common when the vagina is filled with something, as often pressure will be on the bladder when that's going on. All the friction around the vaginal opening and vestibule can also create a kind of ticklish feeling around the urinary opening which can also feel a bit like having to go does. Of course, you may have had to urinate!

Generally, being about to ejaculate doesn't feel the same as being about to urinate, and ejaculation doesn't mean orgasm or, even when it happens, that orgasm will occur. They are separate things. But ultimately, this is something someone on the outside of your body is not usually going to be able to figure out for you, and instead, is something -- both orgasm and ejaculation, which is more uncommon -- you'll come to figure out over time based on patterns you observe.

Do you know how to reach orgasm on your own, without a partner? If not, that's how the majority of people, of all genders, first learn to experience orgasm and what kind of things get them there. Then later, with partners, someone can use some of what they know from masturbation to reach orgasm with a partner. So, if you want to learn how to get there, masturbation is usually the very best place to start.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic