Making out with friends?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Making out with friends?

Unread post by KittyPink »

Like purely platonic, (although maybe sexual), make-out sessions with friends? Is this something reasonable to want? Also, like tips on discussing this with friends?
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Making out with friends?

Unread post by Karyn »

It's not unreasonable at all! Different people have different ways of expressing affection with friends - some people are totally comfortable/interested in making out with friends, for other people that's not something they're into, but it's completely fine to want it. :)

As for bringing it up, you might try mentioning it as a general concept first, rather than going up to one of your friends and asking if they want to make out with you. The sort of mainstream cultural idea of friendship doesn't tend to include making out or any kind of sex, so it is likely to be something that a lot of people aren't used to or expecting, and some folks might be a bit taken aback or uncomfortable with the idea. Mentioning it in a more general way creates an opportunity to see how your friends react to the idea itself, and to see who is comfortable (or not) with the possibility.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
KittyPink
not a newbie

Karyn wrote:It's not unreasonable at all! Different people have different ways of expressing affection with friends - some people are totally comfortable/interested in making out with friends, for other people that's not something they're into, but it's completely fine to want it. :)

As for bringing it up, you might try mentioning it as a general concept first, rather than going up to one of your friends and asking if they want to make out with you. The sort of mainstream cultural idea of friendship doesn't tend to include making out or any kind of sex, so it is likely to be something that a lot of people aren't used to or expecting, and some folks might be a bit taken aback or uncomfortable with the idea. Mentioning it in a more general way creates an opportunity to see how your friends react to the idea itself, and to see who is comfortable (or not) with the possibility.
Sounds like a good idea, just how to go from getting the general idea to suggestion is a little unclear.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Karyn »

Sorry, I should have made that part more clear! So once you've brought it up in general conversation with a few different folks, you'll likely find that some people have more positive reactions than others (and some might even say right out that they'd be interested in it). If there's someone among those people you think you'd want to make out with, then you can follow up by saying something like, "Hey so you know how I mentioned the idea of making out with friends? I'd like to make out with you sometime, is that something you'd want to do?"

Does that help?
KittyPink
not a newbie

Yeah, thanks.

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Karyn »

You're welcome. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic