sex toy store?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: bisexual

sex toy store?

Unread post by bikinksterboy »

through google, I recently found the location of an adult store by my school, I looked on their website and I should have enough to stop by before going home and get a dildo; however, I'm unsure about what my local (NYC in this case) laws are regarding minors and adult stores
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: sex toy store?

Unread post by Karyn »

To the best of my knowledge, it isn't legal for any store in any state to sell sex toys to minors.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
bikinksterboy
not a newbie

well that sucks :( I'd have to check to make absolutely sure the laws in my area don't permit it, because I've found mixed information in the past
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

The simplest route might be to call the store and ask them their policy and what the laws are.
bikinksterboy
not a newbie

so an update:
I went in, the guy at the register asked how old I was and knowing i couldn't fake it, I saw myself out and apologized for the inconvenience.
but hey at least I know what to expect if i ever attempt it again, when I'm of age, and i have a story to tell
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Unread post by KittyPink »

BiKinksterBoy wrote:so an update:
I went in, the guy at the register asked how old I was and knowing i couldn't fake it, I saw myself out and apologized for the inconvenience.
but hey at least I know what to expect if i ever attempt it again, when I'm of age, and i have a story to tell
The best stories to tell are the one's you never planned for to happen. :D
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
redUnmentionabl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Sense of humor
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Unread post by redUnmentionabl »

Buy a prepaid VISA gift card and order from sites that have discrete shipping such as Adam and Eve. I've ordered a masturbator from there and the packages doesn't scream sex. I just told my parents it was an exclusive Japanese Pokemon card (I collect them so it's not weird for my parents)

If the product is small enough it will be shipped in a bubble mailer, if not gen in a plain brown box with only the address where to toys ship from. Hope I helped
yvaine
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm totally fearless and will try almost anything
Sexual identity: bisexual/pansexual

Unread post by yvaine »

This is pretty much the exact thing that happened with me and the magical solution I found is to order stuff online! I'm a UK girl so I used Ann Summers and they have no way to police it so it was all good and I don't thinnnk I was breaking any laws (although it's not like I did extensive research...) and the packaging was also very discreet which was cool as I live with people. I'm currently considering using my student id thing to get their discount however I can't work out if this is utterly stupid and both my school and the shop will suddenly be alerted to the fact that I'm not over 20 (I'm still the age of consent though). I almost, *almost* have the balls to actually go into their nearest shop- utter respect to OP for doing that, well done my guy. Anyway, online is the way to go!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic