Penis too big?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Pamela173
Awesomeness Quotient: Im confident
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Penis too big?

Unread post by Pamela173 »

My boyfriend and I have recently started becming sexually intimate, this began with me giving him a blowjob, for which we used a condom to make me feel more comfortable, the condom was extremely hard to get on seemingly because hid penis was too wide so it wouldnt roll down properly, while i was giving him a blowjob the condom broke. Later on we decided to have sex for the first time, the condom again took about 10 minutes and both of us trying to get it on, eventually we got it on and had sex, thankfully it didnt break. Ive looked in many different shops since then for larger condoms, as i dont want them to break during sex, but can only seem to find 'regular' ones. Im on the pill but i want to use condoms as well, is there anything we can do to solve the problem asides from just not using condoms?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Penis too big?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Pamela,

They definitely make condoms that fit penises on the larger end of the spectrum, so part of this may simply be looking different places (or looking online) and experimenting with different brands until you find one that works. You could also try using an internal condom, aka a female condom, as that might remove some of the size issues.
Pamela173
Awesomeness Quotient: Im confident
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Pamela173 »

Thank you! In the meantime- will stretching a 'normal' condom, before its been unrolled, make the condom more or less likely to break?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I would not recommend stretching it, as doing so might increase the chances of it breaking during use (especially if it gets stretched out a large amount).
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Also, Pamela, are you and your boyfriend definitely putting the condom on the right way round? It's easily done to try it the wrong way, and that would absolutely make it very tricky to roll down properly, and could then make it more likely to break while it's being used. If you need any information or a refresher on correct usage, we have Condom Basics: A User's Manual

If you're struggling to find differrent brand or larger condoms near where you are and ordering online would be an option for you, we do also have the Safer Sex Shop!
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic