The probability of getting pregnant in this situation?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Faye_grace
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

The probability of getting pregnant in this situation?

Unread post by Faye_grace »

I can't remember exactly what day I missed my pill but I do know I made it up the day after, so the next day I took both at the same time instead of just the one. This was only a few days ago. Friday night into Saturday morning I had sex. We used a condom and he ejaculated but then things got heated again and he penetrated me for less than a minute, obviously not ejaculating until later while we were using a condom. I've been googling (i know, bad idea) but I read that pre-ejaculate can pick up and sperm that may have been "left behind" in the urethra and though it's a small amount could still possibly get you pregnant. It's only been three days, and the day after I was cramping really bad but I usually do after sex because sex is painful for me sometimes. I've felt nauseous and dizzy with head aches but I've also been known to worry and cause symptoms in myself ANY time something could possibly be wrong. I do plan on taking a pregnancy test but not until I'm supposed to get my period which is this weekend. I just wanted to get some insight and hopefully calm myself until my period gets here!! Thank you :D
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: The probability of getting pregnant in this situation?

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi Faye,

Welcome to scarleteen!

Missing a pill could have impacted the effectiveness of your contraception but it is not something which is measurable simply because the effects will vary from person to person. Pre-ejaculate can also contain sperm so it is best to use condoms alongside your pills after your missed pill (and a good idea all the time too). If that didn't happen it might be useful for you to know your protection against pregnancy was reduced at the time.

I'd also say that if you're worrying frequently then that sounds quite distressing and I wonder if you could seek support for that elsewhere in a mental health way?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic