Masturbation??

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
CelticMoon14
Awesomeness Quotient: Blunt
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Them
Sexual identity: Asexual

Masturbation??

Unread post by CelticMoon14 »

Is it wrong that I can't masturbate? I can get horny but if I try to touch my body it just goes 'NO'.I don't feel natural, I'm a virgin and my friends have all had sex. Is there something wrong with me??
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Masturbation??

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi CelticMoon,

While there are certainly a lot of people who masturbate, there's no one, true "normal" when it comes to sex or bodies. When you say your body just goes "No" when you try, can you tell me a little more about that? Is it painful?
CelticMoon14
Awesomeness Quotient: Blunt
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Them
Sexual identity: Asexual

Unread post by CelticMoon14 »

It feels extremely uncomfortable and when I try to get any reaction it isn't painful but I feel humiliation, like when I try but my body is almost going ' we better stop because it's not working and you're making weird'.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Ah, okay. When you try masturbating, are you mentally aroused and into what you're doing? Or are you sort of going through the motions? It might also help to keep in mind that you can't really make masturbation weird. It's you and your body doing what feels good, and there's no one to compare yourself to.

Too, if masturbation isn't pleasurable for you or makes you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to do it. It's meant to be enjoyable, not an obligation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic