My boyfriend and I want to have sex

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Gracesmithy01
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm pretty
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her/she
Sexual identity: Girl

My boyfriend and I want to have sex

Unread post by Gracesmithy01 »

Hi! I am 12 years old, and my boyfriend and I want to have sex. We have been dating for two years now, and we both want to have sex now. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this and if you have any advice for me and my boyfriend.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My boyfriend and I want to have sex

Unread post by Heather »

Hey, Grace:

Your registration lists you as being 15, not 12. Can you clear this discrepancy up for us first? Thanks!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gracesmithy01

Whoops! I accidentally hit the 2 instead of the 5. I'm so sorry for any inconvenience.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Got it. United States COPPA law forbids us from collecting any personally identifying information -- which includes an email address -- for those under 13, which is why our boards don't allow for registrations from those under that age.

Really, whose thoughts matter on what kind of sex you have with your boyfriend, and when you do, are you and your boyfriend's thoughts. That's who any kind of sex impacts, after all, and who it is about.

So, the best place to start is going to be with your thoughts. What kind of sex are you thinking about, and what do YOU think about it? How do YOU feel? How prepared do you feel for all that it asks of you? How ready do you feel for the extra things it often asks of you and your life? What are you looking for in whatever kind of sex together it is you're thinking about? If you have concerns, what are they?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gracesmithy01

We are thinking of doing traditional intercoarse. Neither of us want to use a condom and I don't want to take the day after pill. Are there any risks? And how likely is that I will become pregnant?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Grace,

So, having that kind of sex without any form of protection is very, very risky, because you have no protection against pregnancy or STIs. One of the things we encourage people who are thinking about having sex to do is to talk with their partner about how they will take precautions against those things. Would you be interested in some articles on how to choose a type of birth control? And, out of curiosity, why have you two decided against condoms?
Gracesmithy01

We decided to have sex the other day, and we decided that he should wear a condom; to be safe. It was my first time, and it was absolutely wonderful. I did not feel hardly any pain. We both had so much fun that we are probably going to have sex again soon. Thank for all your advice!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic