Thanks, Scarleteen!

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Sidekick
Awesomeness Quotient: Intelligent
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Thanks, Scarleteen!

Unread post by Sidekick »

When I was quite a bit younger, I had a very crummy boyfriend who "persuaded me" to do sexual things with him. This carried on for the whole year that our relationship lasted. After we broke up, I felt rather shameful about the experiences and I told only one friend.

One day, I happened upon Scarleteen and I suddenly had access to resources which helped me to work through the feelings of guilt I still held onto.

Later, I found a much nicer boyfriend who was always kind, though the sexual part of our relationship was still so-so. I often said "okay" or "I guess so" or "might as well" to sex, regardless of if I really wanted to do it or not.

Recently, I was in a casual sexual relationship. We were in his bedroom making out, when he asked if I wanted to participate in oral sex. I said yes. Some minutes later, he asked if I wanted to participate in intercourse. My answer was "heck yes I do!"

It was at that moment that I realized why I had never really enjoyed sex that much before. It was at that moment I realized how important it was that "okay," "I guess so," or "might as well" goes away, and is replaced by "no thank you" or "HECK YEAH!"

So thank you, Scarleteen for giving me what I needed to figure out why I was having certain feelings and how to deal with them so I never have to feel crummy about being sexual with someone ever again.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Thanks, Scarleteen!

Unread post by Heather »

Oh my goodness, you are so very welcome! :)

Thank YOU for such a lovely thanks, and for sharing such a happy turnaround story for us! Always a big daymaker around here. :D
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic