Many thanks from a new mom

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
Sunshine
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a quote for every situation
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bi

Many thanks from a new mom

Unread post by Sunshine »

Dear Scarleteen staff and community,

this is to say a big fat THANK YOU to everybody around here who has been so helpful to me in the past with sympathy, advice and support. My life has taken a huge turn for the better over the last year and my health, emotional stability, relationship and job and living situation got so good that we decided we were ready to become parents if our biology would be so inclined. There was some doubt of my fertility so I didn't think our chances were very high without medical interventions that I definitely didn't want, but after a few months of just not using contraception and waiting and seeing, I got pregnant and I am now the mother of a still very little baby. I am extremely happy (though tired and a bit overwhelmed by being responsible for another life, of course) and I want to stress that this was my free choice and that of my partner and that we were not influenced by any pressure from our families.

I feel that you all played a part in enabling me to get here and I just wanted to let you know that I really, really appreciate that. I don't expect I'll be around much in the future because, busy schedule aside, I am by now decidedly outside the age group this site is primarily for, but if it's okay I'll continue to lurk and I'll definitely check out the Confidential section for help with parenting as my child gets older.

Should anybody around here have questions about pregnancy, birth and so on from the perspective of a new mother, ask away.

Thanks again and lots of health, happiness, success and luck to all!
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Many thanks from a new mom

Unread post by Redskies »

Congratulations, both on your own improved situation and on your new parenthood!
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic