Infertility Genetic?

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
Kipapa134
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: the stupidity of my existence. tbh nothing.
Primary language: either english/malay
Pronouns: he
Sexual identity: male

Infertility Genetic?

Unread post by Kipapa134 »

:ugeek: Is it possible to have infertility issues when your parents also have problem in fertellisation. Because my parents had their first son 2 years after marriage. They said they tried every time but still didn't get pregnant. My mom said that the doctor told them that they were stress, but maybe my mom told me that because she did not want me to know about sex and reproduction because she thinks that it isn't good for me. Maybe she (or my dad) has infertility issues. So is it possible to have infertility issues when your parents had trouble getting pregnant?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Infertility Genetic?

Unread post by Heather »

It is not at all uncommon for couples who are not charting fertility, and then carefully timing intercourse, to find it takes some time - sometimes many months, and sometimes even years - for pregnancy to occur.

Since it does not sound like any tests were done for either of your parents that found they had any physical issues that created fertility problems, there is no reason to assume there were any such issues, nor that you or any siblings have inherited them.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic