Transitioning (MTF/MTN)

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
PunkThottie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm literally the coolest
Primary language: English (US)
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: bisexual nonbinary trans girl

Transitioning (MTF/MTN)

Unread post by PunkThottie »

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in a while, but I've been going through some stuff recently. A few months ago, I came out to myself and my friends as nonbinary (I'm AMAB, by the way), and over the past few weeks, I've been thinking about presenting as more feminine. I've been wearing makeup and gender neutral clothes for about 2 years but now I'm thinking of tucking and wearing a bra and stuff. I'm planning to go buy a bra and gaff next time I get the chance. (I've told my mom that I'm nonbinary and she kind of accepted it, but she always refers to me as a boy and I think my parents would be kind of touchy about me transitioning, since they're always criticizing me for standing out, so I'd have to buy feminine clothing without their knowledge.)

However, over the past few days, I've been heavily considering medical transition. I still identify as nonbinary, but I think I'd much rather have a female body regardless. I'm not intending to rush into it, but I think I want to take hormone therapy and possibly get bottom surgery.

Are there any resources/tips that you can give me on first socially transitioning and then later medically transitioning?

Thank you!
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: Transitioning (MTF/MTN)

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey AndrogynousPunk,

Welcome back! Nice to have you :)

Sounds like you've been doing a lot of reflection and are wanting to take some new steps with your gender expression and body. Congratulations! That's great that you are feeling grounded in what feels best to you, what you want to try, what you are interested in learning more about etc.

Have you checked out our Trans Summer School series? It's got tons of great info. I'm going to link some of the pieces that seem most aligned with what you brought up in your post, and you can share what thoughts/questions come up for you?

Trans Summer School: Gender Expression Gear
Trans Summer School: Let's Bust Out of This Closet!

Trans Summer School: The Magic of Hormones
Trans Summer School: The Wide World of Surgical Transition
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic