Binding/Masculine Outfits

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
lili_13
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my passion for things
Primary language: english
Pronouns: im ok with whatever
Sexual identity: pansexual

Binding/Masculine Outfits

Unread post by lili_13 »

Hi so ive identified as genderfluid but my problem is looking masculine.
I'm a D cup and its hard to make myself look flat. I've worn 3-5 sports bras and it doesn't work. I have talked to my mom about a chest binder but she never has enough money, and when we talk about my gender it results in crying and yelling.
Another thing is im not exactly sure how to look masculine? All my clothes have been for boys but i never feel right. It mig
It be my chest, im not sure.

Any tips for either of them?

Thank you so much
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Binding/Masculine Outfits

Unread post by Heather »

I'm so sorry this feels so frustrating for you, and I'm sorry things are how they are at home around all of this.

It might help to remind yourself that there really is no one way to look masculine. While certain cultures and communities have some common ideas about what is masculine and what is feminine, those really are all constructs that people make up, and even in those constructs there is a lot of diversity. All of this is also super individual: one person's "masculine" isn't the same as someone else's. You get to make this your own, which can include your body as it is. A person can, just as a thing to know, be masculine and still have visible breasts.

Of course, this might not be very helpful if you feel like it's vital for how you want to present your gender and your masculinity that you make your chest look flatter. Have you ever tried on a binder to know if that gives you the results you want? I ask because it may be you get creative and figure out a way to make a long-term goal of getting one, but obviously, you might want to find out if it even does what you want first.

Another thing that can help (and I say this as an E cup who has also bound before and generally also likes to diminish how large my breasts look) is to work on building up some muscle in your shoulders, back and arms. That can change the proportion of things, so big breasts don't look quite so big, and look more guy-chest-like, if you get me. The nice thing about that, so long as you have the physical ability, is that you can do that for free, with simple exercises you can do at home like push-ups and some yoga postures/flows.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic