New to being transgender

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
WolfGirl28
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm transgender
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

New to being transgender

Unread post by WolfGirl28 »

I recently discover that I’m transgender, and it’s sorta weird. I don’t feel happy enough as a guy. I still like girls though. I will ask some questions so people can help me.
1. Is it ok that I wanna be called a girl name though it’s not my real name(I like the name Sophia.)
2. Is it ok to dream about being a female?
3. Is it also ok if my private area gets erected sometimes when I think about wearing girl clothes and make up.
4. Last one, is it ok to tell my close friends? I don’t want to lose them.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: New to being transgender

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi WolfGirl,

The answer to all four questions is: yes! There's no one, correct set of desires or bodily responses about things like your name or appearance to have as a trans person, so whatever you're feeling or hoping for right now is 100% okay. With the question about coming out to your close friends, the only thing that would make that a potentially bad idea is if you have information that suggests that they're going to react unkindly to you telling them. Do you have a sense of how your friends feel about trans people?

I think a great tool for you right now is out Trans Summer School series. It covers tons of different topics, including things like coming out: Welcome to Trans Summer School!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic