I might be nude a lot more if I was comfortable being nude down there and around my chest?

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

I might be nude a lot more if I was comfortable being nude down there and around my chest?

Unread post by KittyPink »

Like if I actually wasn't flat and had the plumbing I want, I might be a nudist in my house. I'm confused about that?
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: I might be nude a lot more if I was comfortable being nude down there and around my chest?

Unread post by Mo »

Do you have a sense of why that feels confusing? It sounds really reasonable to me that if you felt more comfortable with your body overall, it might feel more comfortable to be nude and have that body more visible/noticeable to you.
KittyPink
not a newbie

Re: I might be nude a lot more if I was comfortable being nude down there and around my chest?

Mo wrote:Do you have a sense of why that feels confusing? It sounds really reasonable to me that if you felt more comfortable with your body overall, it might feel more comfortable to be nude and have that body more visible/noticeable to you.
Well, I guess it's just something my mother ingrained in me about just being, or trying to convince me to not have surgery down there and take hormones.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

There's definitely nothing wrong with being nude in your own private space, or with whatever aspects of medical transition might feel right to you now or in the future. I know a bunch trans people who have felt much more comfortable being partially or fully nude, whether that's in sexual situations or not, after having whatever medical or surgical intervention they needed to feel happier in their bodies. So what you're describing doesn't sound surprising at all to me.
KittyPink
not a newbie

Mo wrote:There's definitely nothing wrong with being nude in your own private space, or with whatever aspects of medical transition might feel right to you now or in the future. I know a bunch trans people who have felt much more comfortable being partially or fully nude, whether that's in sexual situations or not, after having whatever medical or surgical intervention they needed to feel happier in their bodies. So what you're describing doesn't sound surprising at all to me.
Thanks, for helping me clear this.

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic