Sometimes presenting some masculine behavior doesn't bother me?

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Sometimes presenting some masculine behavior doesn't bother me?

Unread post by KittyPink »

Like just being protective or more masculine in a relationship with another girl. Or, my foul mouth(emphasis on this), or the occasional low tone in my voice.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sometimes presenting some masculine behavior doesn't bother me?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Kittypink,

Popping in to say that this is something plenty of trans folks describe. They like parts of their bodies or personalities that are associated with the gender they were assigned at birth, because ultimately those things have no gender, but they're given a gendered meaning by the cultures we live in. Some people find that they're only okay embracing those parts of themselves once people stop misgendering them. Others flip the societal script on it's head and claim the body part of personality trait as part of their gender. For instance, a friend of mine who is a trans woman talks about how much she loves being a girl with a deep voice. She's claimed that trait as part of her femininity.
KittyPink
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Hi Kittypink,

Popping in to say that this is something plenty of trans folks describe. They like parts of their bodies or personalities that are associated with the gender they were assigned at birth, because ultimately those things have no gender, but they're given a gendered meaning by the cultures we live in. Some people find that they're only okay embracing those parts of themselves once people stop misgendering them. Others flip the societal script on it's head and claim the body part of personality trait as part of their gender. For instance, a friend of mine who is a trans woman talks about how much she loves being a girl with a deep voice. She's claimed that trait as part of her femininity.
Well, other than some of the stuff mentioned above, there isn't too much I care for that I consider masculine traits. Although, sometimes I feel as if my movement is masculine, like very masculine.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

What makes a movement feel masculine to you?
KittyPink
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:What makes a movement feel masculine to you?
Like, sometimes it's the stiffness, other times is the way I lean when I make said movement, that or it feels like sometimes it seems like it's a little overbearing, or something of the sort.

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
KittyPink
not a newbie

KittyPink wrote:
Sam W wrote:What makes a movement feel masculine to you?
Like, sometimes it's the stiffness, other times is the way I lean when I make said movement, that or it feels like sometimes it seems like it's a little overbearing, or something of the sort.
Oh, and may I add how sometimes I don't care what clothes I'm wearing as long as they're comfy. (Especially when I'm really sick, or super-tired. Also, to be honest, I like taking hoodies from both guys and girls I'm dating, especially if they smell REAAALLYYY GOODDD! ^-^) And, if I was comfortable being nude (with down there), and feeling good, I'd probably be walking around completely naked in my house, at least when I'm alone or around people who are both comfortable seeing me naked and who of which I'm comfortable with seeing me exposed.

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It makes sense to prioritize your comfort when you might be feeling tired or sick! The extent to which comfy clothes can make you feel better can not be overstated. :)
KittyPink
not a newbie

Also, hoodies of significant others are usually nice thing to have if you have issues being away from them during a bad week. (At least for me.)

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic