Weird ideas about people with penises

Questions and discussions about gender, gender roles and identity.
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Weird ideas about people with penises

Unread post by Onionpie »

This might seem a bit strange, unless you read our boards often, in which case it probably seems sound.

Here's what I'm thinking about, and do a lot: this notion, that seems relatively common, especially for people afraid of pregnancy from things other than sex, that people with penises -- primarily guys -- are ejaculating pretty much everywhere it's possible, and leaving ejaculate places like on toilets, door handles, shared towels, etc.

OR, are touching their penises pretty much all the time so that we've got people worried about pregnancy or STIs because they have the impression that young guy pretty much = hand-on-penis-at-all-times.

I personally find these ideas not just unrealistic, but actually feel like they suggest some things or ways of thinking about guys that are based in some pretty messed-up stereotypes, like the idea that young guys are non-stop fixated on sex or masturbation. And total slobs, to boot, just by virtue of having a penis. I find it all very disrespectful, honestly.

What do y'all think about this?
(Originally posted by Heather on the old boards here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimat ... 00543.html