Odd feeling in my stomach after first time?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
deletethis
Awesomeness Quotient: help
Primary language: pls delete
Pronouns: this
Sexual identity: profile

Odd feeling in my stomach after first time?

Unread post by deletethis »

I recently slept with my boyfriend. We used protection, but I wasn't on the pill - I did take it a year ago for my hormones and a but later stopped as I was told it was enough.

Anywho, since it was my first time, and I believe it was his also. So, he wore a condom on, and did thrust a few times but pulled out, (didn't even last longer than 40 seconds) and he then LATER came inside the condom.

We didn't do anything afterwards, but two days after that (this happened on the 8th of Jan), I took the Plan B pill on the 10th of Jan. Okay.

But I've noticed I'm having an uneasy feeling? I'm bloated, I feel my stomach rumble but I also feel a feeling I can't even explain? My mood is okay, I'm energetic and I don't find it preventing me from doing normal things.

@whats happening to my body ?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Odd feeling in my stomach after first time?

Unread post by Mo »

Hi Amputance, and welcome to Scarleteen. :)

We can't know exactly what's happening in your body right now, but we do know that some people do experience nausea or cramping after taking emergency contraception; it could be that you're just feeling some of the pretty common side effects of Plan B.
deletethis
Awesomeness Quotient: help
Primary language: pls delete
Pronouns: this
Sexual identity: profile

Unread post by deletethis »

Hey, Mo! Thanks for the welcome! ^^

Aaahh, I see! Though, for how much do these side effects last? I've noticed that I don't feel them as much as I did when I first took the pill, but they still pop up sometime and leave me with an "uhhhhh" feeling in my stomach.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

It depends. For some people -- I would say most -- hours or days, for others, weeks.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic