Spotting after fingering

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
BettyBoop23
Pronouns: She, her
Sexual identity: Straight/heterosexual

Spotting after fingering

Unread post by BettyBoop23 »

Hello there. I have a quick question. I used to find spotting a while after my boyfriend fingered me. I didn’t find the fingering painful at all, I enjoyed it very much, yet I found spotting after every time. Once I started on the pill, the spotting went away! This is great, but I’m wondering what caused the spotting in the first place and why did the pill make it go away? Thank you.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Spotting after fingering

Unread post by Heather »

We can't say why spotting was happening for you before, though there could be a couple of common reasons, like not being lubricated enough, having a partner be a little too aggressive with the vulva/vagina (even if it felt good, sometimes one can just be too rough for those parts, and when this kind of sex is new to someone, it's common for partners to be rougher than they will be later once they have learned some things), or having some spotting from gradual erosion of your hymen or micro-tears to the vaginal opening (which can happen, especially when lube isn't being used).

We also can't say if it was coincidence that this stopped around the same time you started the pill (which I think is what is most likely) or if it stopped because of being on the pill.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic