Stretched vagina?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
curiouskitten
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm learning Japanese and Korean
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Panromantic&heteroflexible, submissive/masochistic

Stretched vagina?

Unread post by curiouskitten »

Ok, so I know that the vagina is a very elastic organ, and it's always supposed to stretch back after sexual activity, but I'm wondering if there's anything that actually stretches it out. Recently I purchased a dildo, and I've been experimenting with it. The first time I used it, I kinda warmed up and prepped with my vibrator/clitoral stimulation/etc, to make sure I would be wet enough and relaxed enough to take it. It hurt a little going in and took a couple of tries to fit. It took a little while to get comfortable with it that first time because it felt pretty tight. The second time, I skipped the warm up and it felt similarly tight at the beginning, but I got used to it faster. The third time, I also skipped the warm up and I experienced no pain or difficulty fitting it in. My mindset and general arousal was similar all three times.

Is my vagina somehow stretching out? I didn't think that was possible but I'm a bit confused at what I've been experiencing.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I just realized this would probably be better suited to the "bodies" forum, so if a mod could move it there that would be great! >.<
(◕‿◕)
phantomdog
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm a biology researcher!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he / him
Sexual identity: bi

Re: Stretched vagina?

Unread post by phantomdog »

heya,

i had a similar experience with toys and i'd say it's just your body getting used to it. our bodies are impressively dynamic and adaptable, so your experience is not the first by any means :^) the vagina is a muscle, and like other muscles in our body, we can train them to perform certain tasks that were initially difficult, made easier through practice. think lifting weights - if you tried lifting 100 pounds today, it could be a challenging task, but with practice, it would eventually be much easier. i'm no expert, i'd say the same thing is happening here with your case, rather than it getting "stretched" -- it's just getting practice. i hope this helped c:
curiouskitten
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm learning Japanese and Korean
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Panromantic&heteroflexible, submissive/masochistic

Re: Stretched vagina?

Unread post by curiouskitten »

I'm glad to hear that - I was hoping it was something like that :)
(◕‿◕)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic