Pregnancy contraceptives

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Luna9021
Awesomeness Quotient: Playing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Pregnancy contraceptives

Unread post by Luna9021 »

Would there be any possibility to be pregnant while taking the pill, using a condom, and doing the pull-out method? I take the pill everyday. But I’m just wondering. And EVERY single pill week I am safe right?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy contraceptives

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Luna,

Combining methods, especially two very effective methods like the pill and condoms, is going to give you a very, very high level of protection from pregnancy (assuming the methods are used correctly). You can see that level of protection here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method . And yes, your pills are working during every week of the pack, including the placebo week. You can read more about why that is here: How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period? .

It sounds like you're still feeling some pregnancy anxiety even when you're using multiple contraception methods. Are you feeling completely comfortable with the level of sexual activity you're engaging in? And do you feel like the contraceptives you're using are the best fit for your needs?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic