After emergency contraceptive pill took a 3-week late period. Am I pregnant?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
lookingforhope
not a newbie
Pronouns: she

After emergency contraceptive pill took a 3-week late period. Am I pregnant?

Unread post by lookingforhope »

I will bring my case as most specific as it is because I am in such stress..:

1. My last period ended on April 1st.
2. On April 10th, we made out but with abstinence, my boyfriend acidentally ejaculated near my vulva, so to be safe I took Plan B withing 16 hours later.
3. On April 17th I got 3-day bleeding just like my period with some clots.
4. On April 24th, we made out again, this time he touched his penis for a little then touch mine after.
5. We had protected sex with condoms only on April 26th, April 30th, May 8th and May 9th. He usually ejaculated while still inside me. We had no more sex. No breakage or leakage but we didn't check for holes after.
6. Today is May 20th and I have not got my period since April 17th. Mine is usually irregular.
7. I took 4 home pregnancy tests on May 5th, May 13th, May 15th, and May 18th but they showed negative.

I'm kind of freak out when I haven't seen my period come around. I knew that Plan B might mess up my cycle but I'm still so panic.

I'm gonna take the blood test for hCG this Tuesday May 22th, but I want to have some advice from you guys whether I have chance to be pregnant. I don't want to have children now, so I want to know asap to take the next step!

Thank you a lot.
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: After emergency contraceptive pill took a 3-week late period. Am I pregnant?

Unread post by Alice O »

Dear lookingforhope,

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic