First time having sex hurt

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Just_a_boy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I play guitar
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Him/he
Sexual identity: Bisexual

First time having sex hurt

Unread post by Just_a_boy »

I originally posted this in another board but I feel like it fits better in here.

(I'm a boy)

So me and my girlfriend just had sex, this was my first time and it sortof hurt me a bit to do. She rode me because that was the only way it didn't really hurt. I tried to do it in different positions but it hurt me, I'm not circumcised and I think that may be part of why it hurt. Does anyone have any advice or can you help with my problem? Thanks.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: First time having sex hurt

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Just_a_boy,

I'm sorry that you found intercourse painful.

You mentioned not being circumcised, but that shouldn't usually be an issue. The foreskin should be able to move back comfortably and expose the head of the penis, if that's difficult or painful it's worth checking in with your doctor. In fact, if you are experiencing pain during intercourse a healthcare provider should be your first port of call.

If your healthcare provider says everything's ok then it's time to use more lube (something we pretty much always recommend anyway) and experiment with different positions to find what works for you.

Here are a couple of things you might like to read:
First intercourse: a pain for us both
Innies & Outies: The Penis, Testes and More
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic