Clarification on dry humping

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Ihatemyusername
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like cats
Pronouns: She/her or They/Them

Clarification on dry humping

Unread post by Ihatemyusername »

So based on your article on dry humping, am I correct to assume it is safe to have dry sex if my male partner wears briefs, and I wear nothing? The article mentioned mesh shorts, but I want to be sure there's no difference in risk with briefs vs shorts, even if ejaculate or any other fluids are present?

Thanks.

P.s. I posted a similar question in the newbie section of the boards by mistake. Sorry if my persistence is annoying. I'm an anxious person with OCD and want to be well informed before doing something without accurate understand.

Thanks again.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Clarification on dry humping

Unread post by Sam W »

Did you also ask this question on our text service? If so it's already been answered there and we need to ask you not to ask it here as well.

If you're interested in discussing resources for managing your anxiety around this issue, that's something we can discuss with you. But continuing to fixate on this question is only going to keep your brain trapped in an anxiety loop.
Ihatemyusername
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like cats
Pronouns: She/her or They/Them

Re: Clarification on dry humping

Unread post by Ihatemyusername »

Sorry, my phone has been acting up so I wasnt sure if the message went through or not. I did get the text though just now so thanks. So if I understand the link correctly only one person wearing underwear in suuffient enough unless it's lace or a thong etc. A regular male pair of briefs is sufficient even if though they contain holes in them for the penis. Can I ask how that is different from a thing where things could shift? Could briefs shift too? Sorry I don't want to be a bother I just want to educate myself and have full understanding. Does this account for full ejaculate, not just pre cum I'm assuming it does, and I have read your articles a few times but I'm not sure I understand thoroughly.

P.s I am being treated for anxiety,/tokophobia but it helps me to understand how things work and since you are the expert's on this topic I want to confer with you and my therapist. My goal is to some day have a physical relationship, but I can't if I don't have elll the facts.

I know you don't answer pregnancy scare questions but this is more clarification since I didn't actually do any of these things yet. I want to until I truly understand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic