Contraception?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Scarleteengirly
Awesomeness Quotient: Caring
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight female

Contraception?

Unread post by Scarleteengirly »

I just have a question to see if this method is the best for if you could help? My bf and I have sex maybe once a month. We do dry hump other times when we dont have sex. He usually goes without undies and I always have undies on when dry humping. I did read about on here that it is a low risk of preg since not fluids coming in contact. Am I correct? Even if my underwear is wet from my own fluids? My main question is this. When we do have sex I make sure that it is not on my ovulation days. I know when I get more wet I am in those days and we just dry hump then. I make sure we do sex after those days or after my period but I usually like it after ovulation so I know that passed and not anticipating when I will ovulate. We do use a condom we sex and he pulls out before he come. Do you think that is good contraception for us? Am I taking all the precautions we need? Should I maybe go on the pill too or since we dont do it all the time, we should be okay? Is there any other precautions we should do? Any female contraceptions maybe I could use? Sorry for many questions. Sincerely trying to be safe. Thanks
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Contraception?

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the boards!

Before we talk about this, have you seen any of our existing content on both which activities present a need for methods of birth control and on choosing your own methods? It doesn't sound like you have, so I'm going to toss you three pieces to look at that I think will tell you a lot of what you need to know, and answer at least some of these questions. What methods you're using so far -- assuming that you have regular cycles and are actually charting your fertility -- are FAM/NFP and condoms, so you can reference them clearly in these pieces.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Birth Control Bingo!
The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

I'm happy to talk with you in more depth if you still have questions after those pieces or reading those brings up any new questions for you. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic