Bleeding with normal blood test and no std's

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
meh99
Awesomeness Quotient: i adapt to situations
Primary language: english
Pronouns: Lena
Sexual identity: Female

Bleeding with normal blood test and no std's

Unread post by meh99 »

Hi,
I have an appt with obgyn coming up but i want to see if anyone else can relate, i've been sexually active for a little over 2 years now, i've had about 10 partners, my period has always been regular every 30 days about 5 days with moderate to light flow, i've never been on birth control. Just in the last 6 months, the 3 partners i've had i've bled. One time so much big clots came our (sorry for the tmi lol) so i ended up at the ER, i had blood work done and in vaganial ultra sound, all they saw was a small ovarian cyst, which is normal they said for women who have a regular menstrual cycle. They gave me ibprofen and sent me home, told me to follow up with my obgyn but im very anxious waiting for my appointment and im still bleeding like im on my period but it's not due at least for another week. Answers anyone?? has this happen to you? what did your obgyn say?
Thanks. Meh.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Bleeding with normal blood test and no std's

Unread post by Heather »

Asking what someone else’s doctor said about their bleeding isn’t likely to give you any useful information about YOUR body or health.

It sounds like what you just need is to manage your anxiety about this. What do you usually do for self-care when you are worried about something?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic