Question about Nexplanon

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
valililly
not a newbie

Question about Nexplanon

Unread post by valililly »

I just got the implant (nexplanon) at the start of the month. I just started my period for the first time since I got it. I noticed a mucus like discharge during this time. It was pretty slimmy. Is this normal? I am having sex with my boyfriend tonight, so I am a bit disconcerted with this.
valililly
not a newbie

Re: Question about Nexplanon

Unread post by valililly »

Also side note: I know its not an STD or anything. My boyfriend and I haven't had sex in about 6 months. We have been long distance.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Question about Nexplanon

Unread post by Heather »

It's really hard to tell someone if their discharge is normal or not based on only hearing about one kind of discharge on one day. How we figure out what is and isn't normal for our bodies with this is by observing our discharges over time: over many days, weeks, months and years.

But it is normal for the vagina to have discharges, period, for a few reasons: it's how it cleans itself, for one, and discharge is also part of the fertility cycle, even when that cycle is being altered or disrupted by methods of contraception like the implant.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic