Small Bumps

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
carot18
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Small Bumps

Unread post by carot18 »

I have some small flesh colored bumps on my labia that are somewhat clustered. They aren’t painful or itchy and they’ve been there for a bit. I have had some itchiness on my pubic hair, but that looks like ingrown hairs from hair regrowth. I have pretty severe health anxiety associated with a cancer diagnosis that I recently finished treatment for. I’ve been in remission for 2.5 years. I’ve looked online, but I can’t find any indication that it’s herpes since they aren’t itchy or red. I’m not sure if I’ve had a herpes test, but I emailed my OBGYN to try to figure that out. I’m not currently sexually active, but i was sexually assaulted in June. I also was sexually active from October 2013-July 2014. 91 days after the assault, i tested negative for HIV, chlamydia, syphilis, tric, and gonorrhea. At the time, I had BV, but I cleared that with antibiotics. I also tested positive for a yeast infection and went through three rounds of Fluconazole since it wouldn’t clear. That was in September. It finally cleared in December and I’ve been on Fluconazole for suppressive therapy for a yeast infection for about a week now. I’ll continue that for six months taking one pill each week. I also had a Pap smear in November that was normal, so I don’t think it’s HPV. I’m not sure if this is relevant, but I have an ovarian cyst. I also have semi-irregular periods because I was on Depo for two years and just had my last dose last january. I’m 5’8 and 150 pounds. Does anyone know what this could be? I could go see my OBGYN after the 10th when I return to university, but I don’t have an established OBGYN at home.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Small Bumps

Unread post by Heather »

I'm afraid no one can diagnose you or anyone else like this over the internet.

To get a sound diagnosis, you'll need to see your healthcare provider, and they will do a visual exam, and then run any tests they feel they may need to if that visual exam by itself doesn't give them the information they need.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
carot18
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by carot18 »

Heather wrote:I'm afraid no one can diagnose you or anyone else like this over the internet.

To get a sound diagnosis, you'll need to see your healthcare provider, and they will do a visual exam, and then run any tests they feel they may need to if that visual exam by itself doesn't give them the information they need.
Thanks! Yeah I’ve been in communication with my OBGYN through a messaging system and I’m planning to follow-up with her when I get back to school in the next few weeks. She’s not worried based on my description, but I do think I’m going to follow-up just to be safe and hopefully relieve some anxiety.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Sounds like a good plan to follow up! I hope it goes well. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic