gay sauna

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
wadess
Pronouns: he/him

gay sauna

Unread post by wadess »

I visited a gay sauna today. I was too scared so I didn't suck cock or have intercourse. Just kissing, licking and wanking. But I'm still scared now. I worry about catching hiv. Can any of the following activities lead to hiv or other STD? 1.Two guys sucked my cock. I didn't suck any cock. 2. I had a popped pimple near my lip and there was a little blood this morning. Then I kissed several guys at the sauna around lunch time. If those guys sucked cock before kissing me, can the popped pimple be an opening for virus? 3. I stepped on cum on floor, and there's a con under my foot, can any virus enter my foot through the con? 4. I had a small cut on my chest and a guy licked my chest, can that be dangerous, especially if he sucked cock before the licking? 5. I had a cold and a sore throat, can that increase my possibility of getting hiv/std? I'm really worried and scared. Please let me know which of these activities may lead to hiv/std and how likely. I will not visit a gay sauna again. Thank you.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: gay sauna

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi wadess,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed right now. A great place to start answering your questions about risk is in this article: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Keep in mind with that article, and when we're talking about STI risk in general, a big factor in whether or not there was a risk was the presence of a condom or other barrier method (like latex gloves for manual sex). As for your worries about your cold, that's not going to increase the likelihood of contracting an STI. Does that all make sense?
wadess
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by wadess »

Thanks a lot, Sam. Yes, it all makes sense, and the article is very informative. After reading the article, I conclude that none of my activities yesterday was risky, correct? I feel less anxious now, and won't rush into any testing. I will wait until I next see the doctor. However, I notice that the article doesn't mention the risk of being the receiver of oral sex, so how risky is it? Also, just for clarification, how infectious is cum when it is outside the body, for example in someone's mouth, on the floor or in a towel?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Semen isn't infectious, period, because semen isn't a parasite or virus. Rather, it's a fluid that can -- when viruses or parasites are present -- be a way for viruses or infections to be transmitted.

Most STIs can't be spread passively, like by fluids being left on floors or towels. Otherwise, what you're asking really depends on a) if the semen in question is someone's who does have an active infection of some kind, and if so, then b) what kind of infection it is. It sounds like you could use some basic information about STIs in general, so you can see how some can be transmitted.

I'd also suggest looking at the general risk assessments for sexual activities here: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

For a briefer reference, you can take a look at this: STI Risk Assessment: The Cliff's Notes

You can find and read short summaries of info about all current STIs if you use this tag: http://www.scarleteen.com/tags/sti_files

On the whole, as the receptive partner for oral sex, the STIs you're typically at risk of will be Herpes, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Syphilis and HPV. HIV is a technical risk, but not a likely one for a receptive partner.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic