Birth control issues?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
salasss
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a pretty great listener
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight, but questioning tbh

Birth control issues?

Unread post by salasss »

I'm going to begin by saying that I am on birth control and I have been for the past three months, and I still have sex using a condom. Now usually when you're on the birth control you do three weeks of hormone pills and the last week is the sugar pills, that's when you're supposed to be getting your period. I took the sugar pill Sunday as well as today (Monday) with no period. Typically (might get a little graphic here) I have like the brown dried kinda discharge Monday and Tuesday and by Wednesday I get the actual blood. I haven't gotten any kind of discharge. I've used a condom every single time and even with that I tell him to pull out BUT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYTHING. I got cramps about a week ago and I typically do get my cramps earlier than I get my period. But there's a thing called "implantation something" where its the egg actually implanting itself for pregnancy. I haven't had any "breakthrough bleeding" either. I'm trying not to stress too much and make myself not get a period, but I don't know what to do. WHY DO PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS FEEL LIKE NORMAL PERIOD SYMPTOMS. Can you get pregnant from pre-cum?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Birth control issues?

Unread post by al »

Hi there salasss, and welcome to Scarleteen!

As you may have read in our message board guidelines when you were registering, we do have a fairly strict Pregnancy Fear and Anxiety policy, specifically because we get a lot of message board users that aren't pregnant, couldn't have gotten pregnant, and only increase the amount of anxiety they're experiencing by talking about minute possibilities.

Based on what you've said, you've been taking birth control consistently as prescribed, and using condoms, so the likelihood of both of them failing and you being pregnant is extremely low.

To learn more about why you may be experiencing a delayed or unusual period, check out MIA, or Dude, Where's My Period?. To review the basics of how eggs are fertilized and how pregnancy happens, check out Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic