Indirect Transfer

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
millal
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i ride horses!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/ her
Sexual identity: straight

Indirect Transfer

Unread post by millal »

Hi! i've read all of your articles dealing with how pregnancy can and cannot happen but i'm wondering how and why indirect transfer of pre ejaculate or ejaculate from penis to hang to vagina does not cause a risk?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Indirect Transfer

Unread post by al »

Hi there millal,

It looks like we've covered this topic with you before. If you go back and carefully reread Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide, you'll see exactly why indirect transfer (such as from penis to hand to vagina) is not considered to be a risk for pregnancy.

On a side note, you've mentioned that you think the anxiety about pregnancy risk might be because of feeling guilty about engaging in sexual activities. Perhaps we could use this thread to instead talk about where this guilt comes from and how you might best be able to manage it?
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
millal
not a newbie

Unread post by millal »

okay, i also have a question about my implant, i got a light period yesterday so would that indicate that i'm not pregnant even tho i'm on the implant?
millal
not a newbie

Unread post by millal »

would it indicate that i am not pregnant
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

As we've mentioned in previous threads, we need to steer clear of that kind of question. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, but if you want to make a new thread to discuss some of the issues Al mentioned around feelings guilt you're welcome to do so.
Locked Previous topicNext topic