Stopped Birth Control Pill

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Beyruit
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Stopped Birth Control Pill

Unread post by Beyruit »

Hi all. I'm stressing myself out a little even though I know it's probably nothing but I mostly just want a straight answer.

I finished my last birth control pack on the 29th of July. Thus I started my "period" on August 3rd. My boyfriend and I broke up on the 14th of July so because I was no longer sexually active i decided I wanted a break from BC. Which at this point I had been taking for almost 3 years.

Now my period according to charts and calendars should have come on Thursday. As such it is now three days late. I have not had sex since the 10th of July and already had my breakthrough bleed last month.

After stopping birth control does it take a while for your period to come back? I'm mildly crampy but that's about it? I assumed it would be here already but maybe it takes awhile for it to show up again? I'm not really sure what to think. I don't see a point in taking a test because as I said it's very very unlikely im pregnant. I'm mostly just worried something is wrong? Any help would be appreciated
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Stopped Birth Control Pill

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Beyruit,

Yep, when you stop a birth control method it can take your body awhile to reset. So your cycle will likely be strange for the next little while.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic