Is this possible?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
millal12
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Is this possible?

Unread post by millal12 »

hello! i've read all of the articles on pregnancy and how it happens and i just needed some clarification, i know that contact with pre ejaculate that isn't direct contact doesn't cause a risk but would it cause a risk if there was semen on fingers that touched near my vagina, but over my underwear?
ameliap
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm pretty funny
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Pan-sexual

Re: Is this possible?

Unread post by ameliap »

Hi!
I did a little poking around on the internet (I was really curious about this), and the general consensus is that unless the underwear was completely saturated there is virtually no risk of pregnancy. Even if there is sperm present on garments, while it passes through the material it most often dies before getting to the other side. If you're really worried you could use spermicide, which is a gel/paste that can be put into the vagina before sex to prevent pregnancy. You can find it at almost any pharmacy and it's over the counter!
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
~Author Unknown
millal12
not a newbie

thank you so much!! i wasn't sure if there was any sperm on his hand, but he had been touching his penis after ejaculation so i wasn't worried, but i'm also on the birth control pill so i assume i'm probably ok!
millal12
not a newbie

if anybody else can help me that would be great
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic